Ian Wallis has over 30 years experience as a transport planner and policy analyst and has been based in Australasia since 1978. He was Managing Director of Travers Morgan's New Zealand practice with overall responsibility for its public transport consultancy business throughout Australasia. In early 1997, he joined Booz-Allen & Hamilton as Manager of its New Zealand transport practice and with responsibility for its public transport business throughout Australasia, particularly on bus sector issues. He now heads his own company.
He is one of the leading experts, both in Australasia and internationally, in urban public transport planning, policy, operations and management. He has conducted numerous consultancy assignments and has published extensively in the field. His particular expertise includes:
- passenger transport regulatory and institutional reform
- urban transport policy issues
- passenger transport tendering and contracting issues
- public transport subsidy and funding policy
- public transport project evaluation
- public transport operational planning and performance assessment.
A recent cv can be downloaded here.