Ayaz has degrees in engineering and environmental management and has extensive experience working primarily in the fields of environment and community /rural infrastructure. . He is based in Pakistan but has undertaken many international assignments including projects in China, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyz Republic and Oman. Key qualifications include:
- Experience in FIDIC contract procedures.
- Construction and supervision of civil infrastructure works.
- Research oriented report writing, editing technical publications.
- Proven leadership, project management, public administration and skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing / maintaining effective work relationships with multi-disciplinary team, various stakeholders including donor agencies and communities.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work under pressure in a post-conflict environment.
- High-level leadership experience, negotiation skills and ability to manage conflict.
- Proven abilities in taking initiatives, setting priorities, building consensus, and M&E.
- Facilitation/moderation of Project Cycle Management (PCM) planning workshops.
- Land-mine clearance operations and its strategic planning.
- Emergency/Disaster relief works and humanitarian aid.